- Advanced in using technology to ensure the entire school is able to run online on a secure platform.
- Physical classrooms are also fitted with SmartBoards for interesting learning.
- All backend school processes are also technologically enabled via an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
During the Coronavirus pandemic,
- Barrackpore & Shyamnagar were the first school in the vicinity to start interactive online classes for students from Nursery to Cl XII (started in end March 2020 and by mid-April all classes were live).
- We have the bandwidth to continue online and in-campus classes for Nursery to Cl V, as per the situation demands for our new Girls school too.
- Every student will have an individual school email ID for communication and access to online classrooms.
- All extra-curricular activities and competitions like singing, dancing, elocutions, yoga, karate etc. will be done online.
- Barrackpore and Shyamnagar were the first school to conduct activities like Prize Day, Annual Spots, Rabindra Jayanti, Founder’s Day, etc. online. Same will be followed for Barrackpore Girls too.
- We will conduct online assessments and proctored / online invigilation of examinations to ensure that these are done in a fair manner.
Parent connect using technology
- Personalised School App provides paperless notices and circulars to parents
- Online fee payment
- Two-way communication with the school via School App.
- Monthly Parent-Teacher-Meetings are conducted online
- Face to face physical meetings as required.
- Periodic parents feedback / suggestions via online surveys.
- Parent engagement program to bridge the gap between between online and offline classes.
Teachers are tech savvy
- Every teacher has a personalised school Email ID.
- Regular training on technology skills are conducted for all staff.
- Teachers use the internet for available material to enhance the teaching material
- Teachers make their own presentations & videos to make the classes interesting for students.
Lessons by teachers are periodically video recorded and uploaded on the restricted school YouTube channel for students to refer to at home while studying.